VMware Communities
Bluenose
Contributor
Contributor

Password not accepted?

Hi,

I have a strange scenarios that I hope you may be able to help me with?

I have previously been using Oracle Virtual Box and have now migrated back to Workstation Pro 15

the process used to migrate my VMs is, using Virtual Box, “Copy“ the HDD to a VMDX format.  Create a new VM in workstation using an existing HDD and hey presto.

this process has worked on all bar 2 of my VMs so far.  My Windows u machine just fails to boot and may need a rebuild, however my server 2012 machine is the reason for the post.

the machine boots without issue but at the log in screen it will not accept my password?  I am using the same credentials as I have in Virtual Box (it is the same VM) but it will not accept my password in workstation?

has anyone come across this before or have any ideas?

thank you

regards

Bev

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Did you already try to enter the password in the user name field, to ensure that it is not a keyboard mapping issue?

André

0 Kudos
Bluenose
Contributor
Contributor

I have checked the keyboard and selected the View option before entering password to confirm there is no spelling issues.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Are you able to access the server remotely, i.e. either through RDP, or maybe just the computer management to be able to see the event logs?

What about accessing the administrative shares (ipc$, c$, ...)?

André

0 Kudos