VMware Communities
GasparLopez
Contributor
Contributor

PROBLEM WITH HP CAMERA TRUEVISION HD ON VMWARE WITH OS X EL CAPITAN 10.11

Hi, i have installed in my windows 10 pro vmware and create virtual machine with OS X 10.11 El Capitan Retail by TechReviews but i cant make working my HP TrueVision HD camera i try with this:

Problems using some USB devices in a virtual machine (774) | VMware KB

But not working  this is the camera:

2016-09-23T11:24:48.126+02:00| vmx| I125: USB: Found device [name:Chicony\ HP\ Truevision\ HD vid:04f2 pid:b35f path:1/2/0/2 speed:high family:unknown,imaging instanceId:USB\\VID_04F2&PID_B35F\\0X0001 serialnum:0X0001 arbRuntimeKey:3 version:3]

i collect data how in this tutorial:

Collecting diagnostic information for VMware Workstation (1346) | VMware KB

and you can see the result in the file i attach in this post.

Please i need help to fix that problem thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Sorry, but it is a violation of Apple's licensing to run OSX in a virtual machine on non-Apple hardware.  VMware (and us volunteers on this forum) cannot help you, or would get into legal trouble with Apple.

0 Kudos
GasparLopez
Contributor
Contributor

ok i understand but i have the same problem when i create virtualmachine with windows 10 pro iso too, its problem with vmware and my HP TrueVision HD camera, you can help me to fix?

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

See this thread Re: how to get virtual camera to work ? host is Lenovo W550s running CentOS 7.1, guest is Windows 7 ...  Where I listed steps I took to get my laptop's webcam working inside a guest.

0 Kudos
GasparLopez
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for answer but in my vmware toobar i dont see camera icon...

i try to chante usb of 3.0 to 2.0 and nothing new happen have the same problem in every virtual machines i create and try please any can help me to fix?

and in windows 10 virtual machine  i cant go to system and admin devices...

0 Kudos