Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::745e:cfd5:b99c:76b9%10

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.95

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Not sure if this is required :

pastedImage_1.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My VMWare workstation settings:

localwccconfig.png

Not sure why my guest OS Oracle linux server is not receiving IP. As i am running this in headless mode, i would like to access services within host using an IP.

Can you experts see something?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This should help: https://oracle-base.com/articles/linux/linux-network-configuration

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The virbr0 adapter address of 192.168.122.1 is on a different subnet from the other IPs, which doesn’t make any sense given the bridged network configuration.

Is that adapter in the Linux OS set to use a fixed IP or DHCP? If fixed, you need to change the IP to be on the 192.168.1.x subnet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
Elmoistired
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I inherited the VM, How do i check if its fixed on Linux VM?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This should help: https://oracle-base.com/articles/linux/linux-network-configuration

Elmoistired
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks. Fixed it

have to go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

take a backup of ifcfg-enp0s3 and create ifcfg-ens33

contents within the file is

pastedImage_0.png

restrated machine and is working as expected.

eventhough ifconfig still has an inet not in my range, i could get ens33 to communicate with host.

0 Kudos