VMware Communities
korenani16
Contributor
Contributor

OS X 10.9 Image error! - impossible to restore

Hi,

I keep getting this error msg:

"fault has occurred causing a virtual CPU to enter the shutdown state. If this fault had occurred outside of a virtual machine, it would have caused the physical machine to restart. The shutdown state can be reached by incorrectly configuring the virtual machine, a bug in the guest operating system, or a problem in VMware Workstation.

Click OK to restart the virtual machine or Cancel to power off the virtual machine."

Whenever i start an OS X mavericks session ... The apple loading screen appear and seconds later this message.

I tried couple of OS X 10.9 Images, all shared the same phenomena.

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Kore & Diana

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

VMware does not support the running of OS X under VMware Player/Workstation!  Also, running legally virtualizable versions of OS X in a Virtual Machine may only be done when done on Apple-branded hardware and when done while running under OS X and for that you need VMware Fusion not VMware Player/Workstation otherwise you're violating the Apple SLA for that product.  Therefore no help can be provided to you for OS X in this use case scenario as it would violate VMware Community Terms of Use to do so.

0 Kudos