VMware Communities
RobertAnders
Contributor
Contributor

Non-Administrator: "Cannot change network to bridged: There are no un-bridged host network adapters."

Hi,

I running VMware Workstation 7.1 on Windows XP SP3 (32 Bit) and want to use it with an useraccount without administrative rights.

When I try to use bridged networking, the virtual machine can't access the network. I had a look on the Virtual Network Editor and found that VMnet0 isn't "bridged" it's on "custom" mode. When I try to set it to bridged, I got the error "Cannot change network to bridged: There are no un-bridged host network adapters.".

I had a look for this error, service "vmnetbridge" is running, all network adapters of the host machine has the VMware Bridge Protocoll installed and activated. "Restore Default" in Virtual Network Editor didn't resolve this issue, too.

What I found out: When I start VMware Workstation with an administrator, everything works well. I had a look to the Virtual Network Editor and the VMnet0 is "bridged". If I restart VMware Workstation with a common user, VMnet0 is on "custom" again.

What can I do?

Regards

Robert

0 Kudos
0 Replies