VMware Communities
anandlotia
Contributor
Contributor

No VMware Console screen or welcome screen seen when i press power on button........please help..........

Hi All

I have some kind of serious problem.

After I installed new Vmware workstation 6.5 on my laptop, the installation went good. no error at all.

now i downloaded a ubuntu.iso file and was trying to install on my vmware work station. After doing all the settings, when i hit the power on button for ubuntu.............thats it......no welcome screen from vmware that I was getting on my friends pc ...no nothing.....

i even tried windows XP bootable....the primary stages were good....i can write all the informations and created a vdmk disk but after that when i press power button every thing is gone.....i cannot see any thing...not even vmware screen where i can press esc or F8 key......its totally blank......

seems my power button hangs up......when i try to quit vmware, it says, vmware is busy....please wait till operation gets completed......

my workstation does not work........

any help is appreciated.........

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Host OS?

Have you updated Workstation to the latest version (6.5.2 at this time)?

Any error messages in the vmware.log file in the VM's folder you are trying to start up?

0 Kudos
anandlotia
Contributor
Contributor

yes I have updated my workstation....let me check the log file.......i will post that file soon here.....

0 Kudos