VMware Communities
alexze
Contributor
Contributor

Network, crash issues

I've bought Workstation Pro 12 and install it on the Linux Fedora 24 and, based on the installation, several virtual machines. Later I've got proposal to update the VMWare installation and I am applied that. Then I change something VMs to other.. Currently I've set working 2 VMs: Windows 7 Ultimate, Centos 7. The Cent OS 7 VM works good, but the Windows 7 have several issues:

1) After some time (about 5 hours) network stucks: borke browser downloading, open web pages

2) VM crashed and crashed both runned VMs: Windows and Linux(((

3) When I starts Windows VM in the VMWare workstation software interface it proposed me to install updates ("VMware Tools for Windows Vista or later" version 10.1.6) and after I am apply and enter root password it make error message like "Error: There was a problem updating a software component. Try agian later and if the problem persists, contact VMware Support or your system administrator."

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
alexze
Contributor
Contributor

Third I fixed by check the /var/log/vmware-install and fix error ncurses lib version by add link from 6th to 5th file lib version.

I'll try to check because possible some in the Linux system wrong and othe VMs was crashed one time..

0 Kudos
Susie201110141
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Glad to know that you aleady fixed the issue by yourself!

0 Kudos
alexze
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

Yes, I was fixed error update VMware tools and, seems, crash error by decrease CPU cores (and threads?). Thanks.

0 Kudos