VMware Communities
jcvince
Contributor
Contributor

Network Issue Win Server 2016

Hi all,

Hoping for some help with some network issues I am experiencing with VMware Workstation 15 Pro (15.5.6) running Windows Server 2016 Datacenter x64 (10.0.14393). My host is Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (10.0.19042).

I have one network adapter configured as VMnet2 (NAT), which has been communicating fine for a few weeks. All of a sudden (while the VM was running) the network adapter stopped communicating with my host completely. This has happened once before, where I had to delete and use a previous backup of the VM.

Points of note:

• Other VMs are still communicating normally (so I have not tried re-installing VMware)
  • When trying to ping out, get "General failure"
  • Under the VM net adapter the bytes sent and received is increasing intermittently (sent is approx 3 times as many as received)
  • VM Windows Firewall has been turned off the whole time and there is no antivirus
  • VMNAT and VMDHCP services are running on my host
  • Wireshark is detecting traffic on the interface (assuming receiving)

What I have tried:

• Disabling, re-enabling network adapter
  • Restarting virtual machine
  • Removing and re-adding the virtual network adapter
  • Configuring network adapter as different type (NAT and bridged through custom vnets, NAT and bridged through built ins)
  • Updated VMware Tools (11.0.6)
  • Searching forums for other things to try
  • I have tried a USB network adapter (connecting the USB to the VM) and this doesn't work either

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Jack

0 Kudos
0 Replies