VMware Communities
wsirota
Contributor
Contributor

Need help getting Ethernet to work

Hi,

I'm running VMWare under Boot Camp on a MacBook (please, no static about the VMware Mac virtualization - I'll happily use that in preference to what I'm using once it's out of beta, but for now...)

Everything is going fine, except I can't seem to get the Ethernet configured properly on the virtual machine - can't get a connection to the Internet on the VM, even though I can easily connect through the Windows host running natively on the Mac hardware.

I have tried all the defaults for Bridged, NAT and Host-only, and none of them work. I don't really understand the items under the "Virtual Network Settings..." menu item.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Warren Sirota

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KevinG
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Warren,

Does the host (Windows) have internet access?

How is the host connected to the internet/network? (Cable modem, DSL. Router..etc)

Can you post ipconfig /all from Windows

What is the guest OS?

Post ipconfig /all or ifconfig -a from the guest OS

Post the .vmx file from the virtual machine

0 Kudos
wsirota
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Those are good questions. I was going into the guest to get the ipconfig info, when the Internet started working in the guest (with the Nat setting). I guess the various restarts I've done of the host since yesterday, and then restarting the guest, somehow resolved the issue. So thanks for your interest, and I'm marking this as answered.

Warren

0 Kudos