VMware Communities
humanxbox
Contributor
Contributor

NSLOOKUP ALWAYS GET INFORMATIONS FROM EXTERNAL NIC

Hi,

I have a small problem with nslookup.

My host machine is Windows xp sp 2 with wireless G-booster from linksys to connect to the internet.

I have vmware workstation 6.5 installed. I have a Guest VM lab server: Windows Server 2008 server trial version. On this lab server i have AD (with DNS of course) installed. my domain name is nlab.com. On this VM there are 2 nics. 1 internal nic with fixed ip address and 1 external nic pointing to internet (receiving automatic addressing from internet provider) so that´s ok and i can browse the internet from within the mv

When i run nslookup on the VM, i get external info: with errors ... No authorised server error etc.. Nslookup should point to the my internal adapter with the fixed IP with hostname.nlab.com name . Also the external adapter shows that the domain name nlab.com which is incorrect because it is getting it´s address info from the internet. Vmworkstation has vmnet 1 and vmnet 1 (virtual nics) (internal and external) both set to bridged... please help.

Nslookup must lookup the internal nic (nic1) and not nic 2.. please help. When i disable nic 2 (external) then nslookup runs ok. but then i have no internet connection..

regards

0 Kudos
0 Replies