VMware Communities
Kiwi7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

NOT_REACHED d:/build/ob/bora-1379776/bora/lib/disklib/sparseChecker.c:1308

Hey guys,

I've recently copied over my VMs from my Linux installation to my Windows installation. When I try to power on one of them, the following error pops up:

VMware Player unrecoverable error: (Worker#0)

NOT_REACHED d:/build/ob/bora-1379776/bora/lib/disklib/sparseChecker.c:1308

A log file is available in "C:\Users\filip\vmware\VM_NAME_HERE\vmware.log".

You can request support.

To collect data to submit to VMware technical support, run "vm-support".

We will respond on the basis of your support entitlement.

and VMware Player goes back to my VM library. What's wrong with my VMs (or VMware Player) and how to fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kiwi7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried accessing my Windows partition from Linux (rather than accessing my Linux partition from Windows) and copying the file again - it works now! Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

It looks like the VM's .vmdk is corrupted. Maybe there was an issue with coping the file. I'd suggest you copy the file again and ensure its integrity by verifying e.g. the MD5 checksums for the original and the copied file.

André

Kiwi7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried copying it again, same error.

I also tried running CHKDSK /F C:, same error.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The error messages in the log file report corrupted metadata in the .vmdk file. Can you confirm you are (were) able to run the VM on the Linux system? And what about the MD5 checksums, do they match for the original and the copied file?

André

0 Kudos
Kiwi7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried accessing my Windows partition from Linux (rather than accessing my Linux partition from Windows) and copying the file again - it works now! Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos