MrB7
Contributor
Contributor

My vm's keep getting removed...

Hi, i'm a student. I have the latest vmware pro installed. And many times i have had to keep importing the vms i have running for college. I open the vmware and there is nothing there. So any changes i made prior in the kali and win10 vms i have are reset back to the beginning be cause i had to import it again. How can i prevent them from being removed? i am the only user so no one is deleting them but itself..

Please help if you can, Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bluefirestorm
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It is not easy to help you without knowing the versions of Workstation/Player that you are using and the host OS (is it Windows 10 or some flavour of Linux?)

If I were to try to have a guess, "i open the vmware there is nothing there", you meant that the VMs you previously opened did not remain there in the list. I don't know why you re-import it. Have you really confirmed that the VM(s) was(were) deleted? A simple workaround would be to go to the folder and open the VM again by using the "Open" virtual machine.

The problem could be that the most recently used VMs are not being saved. This is where knowing the host OS would help. If it is Ubuntu (or similar distro), you could go to the Settings -> Privacy and make sure Usage & History is turned on.

0 Kudos