VMware Communities
MartinF12
Contributor
Contributor

My post was not approved, still having networking issue

I am getting serious issue with Vmware Workstation Pro 16 and I added a post to this forum and it was not approved after weeks. Still facing the same problem, can you please investigate what is the issue with the post itself? We cannot use the product for production use and the company paid the full price for the upgrade.

The post URL is: https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Workstation-Pro/Cannot-connect-to-guest-but-host-has-can-ac...

The problem went away after reinstalling, but came back after a while. I tried almost everything. Thank you.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@MartinF12 

Moderator: No idea what is happening with your initial post and "approval" - we as moderators have not been told about this function of VMTN and have no options to approve.

@jennivmtn - can you help with the "approval" of the original thread?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Ray_CJ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The posted link shows a banner page indicating the message is not available.

Also, if the product was paid-for and registered, VMware provides 30 days of direct technical support.  You can create a ticket by logging into your VMware account.

Ray

0 Kudos
MartinF12
Contributor
Contributor

30 days already passed, we were not aware of this available support 🙂 I don't have any option in support list. If I don't see the product in the list, it states to read the article https://kb.vmware.com/articleview?docId=2009213 which seems to be not found anyways 🙂

I will try to publish the post again. 

0 Kudos
MartinF12
Contributor
Contributor

MartinF12_0-1608141020147.png

Again. Maybe it is because it contains images? 

0 Kudos
MartinF12
Contributor
Contributor

Both posts are rejected. Maybe the problem is that I published there my VMX file? It should not contain any sensitive data.

MartinF12_0-1608141432872.png

0 Kudos
jennivmtn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi all, for some reason the post was marked as spam by the platform but I have marked it "not spam." It should now be viewable.

Jenni
VMTN Community Manager
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

While Jenni approved all the posts.. we then ended up with a duplicate, so I have removed the duplicate post (as it isn't helpful to have two identical posts, it gets hard to follow up really fast)

Sorry for all the trouble.

_
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Ray_CJ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I posted a reply to the thread link posted in the 1st message.   That thread does not seem to show-up anywhere in this forum and does not bump to the top after posting to it.  It's possible the OP won't see the replies.  If that thread can be moved (concatenated) to this one, that would be ideal.

The problem they are experiencing appears to be solvable.

Ray

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@Ray_CJ 

We as moderators can't merge comments or threads - but we can copy/paste 😉

**** START ****

First question(s)...

Was this running prior to upgrading to Workstation 16, and if so, what version was being used?

Has the version of Ubuntu changed?

With simple NAT interface, the host will only be able to reach the guest if the host has a route to the NAT'd subnet.   Do a "netstat -r" command in the host. See example below.  In the purple/pink area, if you don't see a destination to your NAT subnet, that answers why your host can't reach the guest.   If we determine this is the fundamental reason for the disconnect, we can later try to find-out why that route is not getting installed in your host routing table.  If the route exists and points to the proper pseudo-interface, then we must debug why the packets aren't getting there.

Ray_CJ_0-1608163423776.png

Regards

Ray C

**** END ****

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Ray,

I'm confused.

Before I moved the dupe I actually checked the post for replies and both posts had an identical reply by you.
Just checked it -without being logged in- and your reply is there...
https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Workstation-Pro/Cannot-connect-to-guest-but-host-has-can-ac...

Not saying that you are wrong, just that I'm not seeing the issue from down here in The Netherlands.

re. if editing does bump the post. I don't know if editing bumps a post, the new forum works different from the old one and it seems to get all kinds of tweaks over time without the moderators getting updates on these changes. I doubt that editing a post bumps it (IMO it should not).

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Ray_CJ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

LOL...  "Down here in the Netherlands"   You are way, way farther North than I am...

1)  What I have noticed, is that when someone replies to a post, it moves to the top of the list -and therefore becomes easier to see.

2)  I posted a response to the user's question and noticed that the response did not get bumped to the top.  As a matter of fact, unless I click the link to that original post, I cannot find it anywhere in this forum.  So... If the OP does not have notifications turned on, I assumed they will not see the response.   Given this, I cross-posted my reply to the OPs second thread hoping they will see it.

Anyhow, I suspect the OP is not properly establishing the NAT network in the Network Editor -and I also think they are not properly assigning the NAT Network to the VM's Network Adapter settings.

Anyhow, I'm very new to VMware and am just trying to learn more about it...  I read people's problems, try to duplicate the issue (or theorize how to duplicate it) and then try to solve it.   

Ray

0 Kudos