VMware Communities
Thaneeru
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

My PC is rebooting automatically while installing RHEL 5 in VMware 9

Hi Team,

Though it could be late, the fact is- this the is first time I'm working with VMWare tools. I have installed VMWare 9 in my Laptop and I'm trying to install RHEL 5 in it. While doing so my laptop is automatically rebooting, upon start up it does nothing. So I have to start from scratch. So I checked the Even logs in my system, it shows me below error.

"Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x2CD05AD35160.  The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server."

My System has Windows 8-64bit OS, 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i5.

So can you please help on what causing my System to reboot automatically.

Thanks,

Naresh

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Naresh, and welcome to the VMware Communities!

Are you running the latest update of Workstation 9?  A problem very similar to yours was fixed in Workstation 9.0.1.  If you are still running Workstation 9.0.0, you might want to download the latest update and see if that fixes the problem.

Cheers,

--

Darius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Naresh, and welcome to the VMware Communities!

Are you running the latest update of Workstation 9?  A problem very similar to yours was fixed in Workstation 9.0.1.  If you are still running Workstation 9.0.0, you might want to download the latest update and see if that fixes the problem.

Cheers,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
Thaneeru
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Darius,

Thank you very much for your reply. It has fixed my issue. Now I have installed OEL4 and Oracle 10g s/w's. However the performance of my Workstation became very slow. I have attached current configuration with this. Can you please help me to improve the performance here.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

NareshCapture.JPG

0 Kudos
avanish321
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

pls give the system config of host system ( memory installed on host ) .

Try assigning just one processor to the guest.

Also try allocating 2 GB to the guest and see if that makes any difference.

Cheers! Avanish
0 Kudos