VMware Communities
SommyJo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Multiple VLANs with Intel I211 and 82576 chips

I use Workstation Pro 17.5.0 build-22583795 on Windows 11 pro host.
I have a motherboard with NIC based on Intel I211 chip and a network card with two ports based on 82576 chip.
I need to manage multiple VLANs.
Online I find suggestions for activating virtual switches with HyperV, but I also read that with these two chips it is possible to simply use the Intel tool to directly activate the VLANs.
The problem is that I can't find this tool anywhere, nor can I activate multiple VLANs from the network card properties.
Does anyone use the same chips and have they solved the problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gizzie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
SommyJo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you. I had already seen this page and from it I got to the page to download PROADMIN, but once unzipped they just look like drivers that Win11 refuses to install because the ones present are more updated and in the properties there is no tab with the Intel logo.
Furthermore, by always following the links from this page you arrive at a note where it is written that Intel PROSet is not supported on Microsoft Windows 11.

It seems strange to me that to have multiple VLANs you have to activate virtual switches on the host

0 Kudos
Gizzie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok. Missed that information in your first post. 🙂

You might have seen this page already? https://taeffner.net/2022/04/multiple-vlans-windows-10-11-onboard-tools-hyper-v/

0 Kudos
SommyJo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I had seen it and I have already activated the vSwitch, but as I said in the initial post I would have avoided doing so if the tools to create them directly were already available.

Thanks anyway

0 Kudos
Gizzie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I guess that is not possible anymore. Maybe someone else has a better solution.

0 Kudos