VMware Communities
RohitVCP7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Multiple Snapshot not showing under the Snapshot manager

HI , I have Vmware Workstation 6.5, i have insatalled Win2003 server and create multiple snapshot and all are showing under snapeshot manager and all the .vmx , .vmdk and .vmsn are in one folder and the folder name is TSM whne i am paste this folder in another machine and mapping the .vmx fine in another vmware workstation than multiple snapshot are not showing . pls help (i m completely pate all the file from one computer to another computer ans the size of all file is 10 GB). pls see the attached file it should be like this un snapeshot manager, but in another PC it is showing only one.pls hep

regards

Rohit Kakkar

0 Kudos
7 Replies
guyrleech
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Sounds like it could be a path/case or encoding issue between the hosts - what are the host operating systems? The snapshot details are stored in the .vmsd file so start here. Check the .log file in the VM's folder for clues. There wasn't an attachment so could you repost detailed directory listings from both hosts.

Guy Leech

---

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

-- If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos
RohitVCP7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

i have installed Vmware 6.5 under Win XP and i am useing Win 2003 guest operation system.i have created 9 snapshot u can see in the attached tsm.bmp file , but when i m copy all the data from my computer to another computer and attaching .vmx file the snpshot manager is showing blank.

0 Kudos
RohitVCP7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

--

Thanks & Regards

Rohit kakkar

0 Kudos
guyrleech
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Still no attachments. Please post (attach) detailed directory listings from both hosts, the .vmx and the .vmsd file.

Guy Leech

---

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

-- If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos
RohitVCP7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i got this erro message when i am attaching the screen shot

can u give your personal ID so that i can forword you the file

Unauthorized

You do not have the permissions to perform this action or access this page. For further assistance, please contact a VMware Communities moderator.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Are you sure the original VM has snapshots?

The backup.vmx file you posted doesn't seem like it's using snapshots at all.

Make sure you copy the .vmsd file.

0 Kudos
RohitVCP7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thnaks for givg me a reply

Yes i have conferm, u can check the attched VM Snapshot.GIF

pls aslo check the "TSM-DEMO I v5.5 - Multi Lang.vmsd" also

regards

Rohit

0 Kudos