VMware Communities
stebbo
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple Monitors

Hi All,

I just upgraded to WMware Workstation 7.1.3 build-324285.  I am running on a Windows XP workstation with mutliple monitors (of differing resolutions).  I have an NVidia GeForce 9800 GT graphics card which does the job just nicely.

Yesterday, after upgrading and installing the new tools into my Guest O/S, I was able to full-screen and click the multiple-monitors button and it all worked great.  I put the guest os to sleep overnight, now this morning it won't allow me to do it.

Every time I try it tells me that "The current arrangement of monitors is not supported".

Nothing has changed on my host O/S.  Nothing has changed on my machine.

Why did it allow me to do it yesterday and not today?

I really need the multiple monitor support on my guest o/s.  One screen is not anywhere near big enough.  Please help.

Cheers,

Chris.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
stebbo
Contributor
Contributor

Further to this issue, I had an older VM which I hadn't run for a while, and it ran on the same machine ok in multiple monitor mode.

However, once I updated the VMWare Tools in this older VM, mutliple monitors (and unity mode) stopped working.  Must be something in the updated tools which is preventing this from working.

0 Kudos