VMware Communities
Firewire2013
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Moved VM with Snap Shots, wont start up : Unable to change virtual machine power state: Internal error

Hello,

Last week I decided to move from a Windows to Linux based host system. So I went through my VMs powered them down and copied them to another drive. I then installed Centos 7 and reinstalled VMWare Workstation 12 imported the VM back into VMWare and tried to start.

I got the following message...

"Unable to change virtual machine power state: Internal error"

Suspicious I looked at the folder containing the VM and noticed it contained snap shots. Doh!

I guessing this is pretty bad, not sure where to start?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

James

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
louyo
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I have copied VM's, with and without snapshots, without problems. Have some running on OSX Fusion as well

The first thing I would check would be for .lck files and folders. If so, remove them.

Lou

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
louyo
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I have copied VM's, with and without snapshots, without problems. Have some running on OSX Fusion as well

The first thing I would check would be for .lck files and folders. If so, remove them.

Lou

0 Kudos
Firewire2013
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Louyo,

Thanks for your reply, I tried removing the .lck files but get the same result. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Firewire2013
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Actually, looking at the files there are no snap shots. Sorry my mistake, I forgot this VM has two drives. I will close this thread and start a new one.

Thanks for you help

0 Kudos