VMware Communities
bimmerdriver
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mouse does not work inside VM when accessing host running vmware workstation with Remote Desktop

I'm recently upgraded to the latest version of vmware workstation on a computer running windows 7 professional. I typically access this computer using remote desktop. Since the upgrade, the mouse does not work when I'm trying to use a VM. I have several VMs which are various versions of windows and also *nix. This previously worked. Is there a fix for this problem or do I need to downgrade?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bimmerdriver
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I downgraded to vmware player 6.0.7 and this problem is not there. It seems that some changes introduced to vmware since 6.0.7 are causing this problem. Is this a documented bug? Is there a work-around for it?

0 Kudos
pwolf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I did not see this issue with the latest version of Vmware Workstation on a Windows 2008R2 host, which I never accessed physically but only via RDP.

Maybe you have a very sophisticated graphics card, which has hardware acceleration support by the latest VMware WS, which daoes not work over RDP. Try to disable hardware acceleration.

0 Kudos
bimmerdriver
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. The computer is old and does not have a sophisticated display adapter.

0 Kudos