VMware Communities
AgathornSweden
Contributor
Contributor

Mouse clicks stopped working

Hi,

I upgraded to VMWare Workstation 7.1.1 build 282343 and since then the left mouse clicks stopped working in a vmware machine (windows XP, 32-bit).

I have always had problems that the right click on my mouse in all the vmware machines doesn´t work. It performs a rightclick and then it performs a "back" command. So if I´m in a file explorer window I go back a step in the folder structure.

But now even the left click isn´t working in one of the VMware machines. nothing happens at all. It works at the logon prompt to windows, but as soon as windows it loaded it stops working.

Could it have something to do with VMWare tools? I´ve read about ppl having similar issues.

One interresting note it also that if I have the troublesome vmware machine in full screen and press crtlaltenter to switch from full screen to normal it switches right back to full again. So I have to move my mouse pointer to the top of the screen and click down the window from full screen. This occured at the same time as the left click problem.

Please assist!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AgathornSweden
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to back the guest now back to april this year. When I do a rollback to that old snapshot I have the left click works. For about a minute or so. Then all of a sudden it stops working. I´m not doing anything on the guest, just idling ...

Please help, I cant do my work ...

0 Kudos
AgathornSweden
Contributor
Contributor

Actually I "solved" this issue. I had installed XMouse button control on the host computer which swapped out a button to "back". So when I right-clicked first the command from the guest-client was executed (right click) and then the command from the host-computer was executed (back).

0 Kudos