VMware Communities
jimbo45
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mouse almost unuseable when AERO (Vista) enabled on Host

Hi guys

My mouse is almost unuseable when AERO effects are enabled on the Host machine. Guests are Winsdows XP Pro, Windows 7 X-32, Windows 7 X-64.

Host Vista X-64 with SP1 installed.

Motherboard Asus P5QL-CM, Processor Intel Core (TM2) QUAD Q9400 @2.66GHZ

Dispaly adapter : using the On Board Intel G45/G43 express chipset

Monitor HP w22 Wide LCD Monitor.

Mouse - "Bog standard Microsoft wired USB optical mouse". If I use the old PS/2 adapter -- same problem. Tried some wireless mice as well. same problem.

Switching the Aero system off on Vista Host seems to fix the problem on all 3 guests.

Have updated to latest build of vmware workstation and installed latest version of Vmware tools.

I can understand that Windows 7 builds (I'm using 7000) are only Beta's but the XP guest shouldn't give mouse problems.

OK Aero is only "Eye candy" but my processor is fast enough to run it without any problems.

Cheers

jimbo

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scissor
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Can you describe a bit more what you mean by "mouse is almost unuseable"?

I am running Aero on my Vista 64-bit SP1 Host and haven't had any mouse problems with VMware Guests. I have an Asus P5B Deluxe motherboard and an Intel Quad Core CPU as well. Using a Logitech USB mouse with built in Vista mouse drivers. However I'm using a discrete NVidia graphics card.

- Are you using any special mouse drivers (Intellimouse Drivers)? Perhaps they are causing problems.

- Do you have the latest graphics card drivers installed (check Intel's site for drivers as ASUS's site sometimes has old drivers listed)

- Can you confirm that you are running version 6.5.1 of VMware Workstation?

0 Kudos