VMware Communities
appollo147
Contributor
Contributor

Mouse Way Too Sensitive When Playing Games VMWare Workstation Pro 14.1.2 build 8497320

I am having an issue playing games on workstation 14.1.2 pro. Whenever I try to play any 3D game the mouse is way too sensitive even when I turn the sensitivity all the way down in the games menu. It happens with every 3D game I try to play. 2D games Like Point n' Click adventure games run fine, the problem is just with the 3D games. The mouse also runs normally when I run anything else on the guest OS. I have tried reinstalling VMWare Tools but that did not help. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TracyHuang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you tried with setting Optimize mouse for games as Always? it's in Edit -> Preferences -> Input.

0 Kudos
trombocit
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue with latest 15.0.4. Was running normally for a while and now it cannot be played no matter what and how many times I restart anything!

The funny thing is the cursor speed is normal in the games menus but it get extraordinarily sensitive when I start or load the actual level/gaming.

I almost "believed" VMware is up to the job of allowing to play games inside but unfortunately not. Too bad because otherwise games run very smoothly inside. Useless now.

Edit: As they seem to never fix this (given the original post date), for now the workaround that worked is to just use a second mouse and connect it directly to the VM so the VM takes full control of the mouse and it works normally.

The bad thing is, things (with a single mouse) were working fine for some time.

0 Kudos