VMware Communities
zachariapopcorn
Contributor
Contributor

Module 'MonitorMode' failed to power on

I'm trying to enable the setting which would allow me to virtualize Intel VT -x/EPT, but after enabling the setting, I can't boot into my VM

My VM Log File

https://pastebin.com/raw/uZmizx6b

0 Kudos
3 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

MacOS VMs are not supported on WS - dont know if that applies to attempts with Hackingtosh VMs.
Try a normal VM - can you run any VM at all ?

Does it work without 
vhv.enable = "true"

?

Power on failure messages: VMware Workstation does not support nested virtualization on this host.

Does the version you run allow to be used with active hyperV ?

0 Kudos
zachariapopcorn
Contributor
Contributor

MacOS isn't installed on it, although it was planned for that VM, it got scraped. I can run normal VMs without that setting enabled just fine

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@zachariapopcorn 

Moderator: Please note that installing MacOS on non-Apple hardware (such as a PC running Windows) would be a EULA violation, and as such cannot be discussed on VMTN. Turning off comments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos