VMware Communities
Sjoerd82
Contributor
Contributor

Module 'Disk' power on failed.

Hello im getting the folowing error

Error while powering on: The operation was cancelled by the user

Cannot open the disk 'C:\Users\sjoerd.vandongen\OneDrive - DWG\Documents\Crypto wallet VM\Crypto wallets Windows 10 x64.vmdk' or one of the snapshot disks it depends on.

Module 'Disk' power on failed.

Failed to start the virtual machine.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
eclark83
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get this issue resolved'?

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Do NOT store virtual machines on OneDrive cloud storage!  Always use local hard disk location.

0 Kudos
eclark83
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue but i am getting this message. Screenshot 2021-08-06 142342 virtual machine.png

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Post a full directory listing of the folder where the files of that VM reside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
eclark83
Contributor
Contributor

eclark83_0-1628278730405.png

IS this what you are asking for?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

That’s the correct folder but some files are off the bottom of the screen, maybe capture a dir listing from a command prompt window.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
eclark83
Contributor
Contributor

How can I do that?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. Open a Command Prompt
  2. Use the cd command to change to the folder when the VM files reside
  3. Enter the dir command, outputting the results to a text file: dir > myvmfilelist.txt
  4. Compress the txt file into a zip file
  5. Attach the zip file to your next reply

0 Kudos