VMware Communities
spizzetz
Contributor
Contributor

MacOS Catalina guest VM inside Workstation - are there any wifi dongles that work for the MacOS VM while the host remains connected to Ethernet?

I have a Windows 10 host machine with Workstation pro. I have a working  macOS 10.15 Catalina virtual machine running in Workstation. Everything works perfectly but I cannot seem to get the macOS VM to use any wifi dongles as the NIC. I want to keep my host machine connected to Ethernet but I do not want the VM to be using that connection. I want the VM to use a separate connection to the internet.

Has anybody successfully done this before with any macOS installs? I’m willing to go to Mojave or High Sierra if  I can find a wifi dongle that works in this application.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You are only legally allowed to virtualize macOS when running on official Apple hardware using VMware Fusion or ESXi. By running macOS on Windows you are violating the EULAs of Apple and VMware, of which you're probably aware considering you had to apply a third-party "hack" to make it work in the first place. So we cannot and will not help you here with your issues.

0 Kudos