VMware Communities
koontns
Contributor
Contributor

Mac OS X Yosemite guest on Windows 7 host had no sound

Yesterday I installed Mac OS X Yosemite Retail (Multibeast Version) guest in VMware Player 6 - Windows 7 Ultimate. I had installed VMware Tools to fix the mouse lag and resolution. Then I realized that there was no sound. I try to search in Google but no discussion or communities could help me. I tried to install EnsoniqAudioPCI v.1.0.3 package and other sound driver and nothing better. So I tried to check sound card settings in VMware, it was set to Auto-Detect and Connected but in the System Preference > Sound > Output on Yosemite guest said No output devices found.

This is my .vmx file data (only sound)

sound.present = "TRUE"

sound.virtualDev = "hdaudio"

sound.fileName = "-1"

sound.autoDetect = "TRUE"

sound.pciSlotNumber = "34"

Can anybody help me?

Sorry for my grammar if it's wrong

1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

VMware does not support the running of OS X under VMware Player/Workstation!  Also, running legally virtualizable versions of OS X in a Virtual Machine may only be done when done on Apple-branded hardware and when done while running under OS X and for that you need VMware Fusion not VMware Player/Workstation, otherwise you're violating the Apple SLA for that product.  Therefore no help can be provided to you for OS X in this use case scenario as it would violate VMware Community Terms of Use to do so.