VMware Communities
Jerry39
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Lost Network Printer Access in Virtual Machine

I have  Workstation Player 12.5.9  installed on a Windows 7(Pro) desktop host and a

Windows 10(Home) laptop with a Windows XP Pro Virtual Machine on each.  I was previously using

Player 12.5.2 on each host computer and the Win XP virtual machines were working properly on both.

I elected to "upgrade" to Version 12.5.9, build 7535481, and lost access to the network printer

in the Virtual Machines on both computers. The host machines still have access to the network and

printer but the virtual machines both report that the printer is "off line" even though they still have network

access to internet..

Has anyone seen this or have any ideas why this could have happened?

(Moral of this story, " If it ain't broke, don't fix it ! ")

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jerry39
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Found the problem myself by accident.  Did not know that "Preferences" were reset after the upgrade.  All other host interconnected features were working so it seemed logical that the printer would still be connected.  Reconnected the printer in "Preferences" and now "Work fine .. Last long time".

New moral:  "Look under all the rocks when upgrading."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jerry39
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Found the problem myself by accident.  Did not know that "Preferences" were reset after the upgrade.  All other host interconnected features were working so it seemed logical that the printer would still be connected.  Reconnected the printer in "Preferences" and now "Work fine .. Last long time".

New moral:  "Look under all the rocks when upgrading."

0 Kudos