VMware Communities
SpelingMistakes
Contributor
Contributor

Lock station to prevent accidental closing

I am interested to learn next - how to „lock“ my vmware station on that way I can’t „accidentally“close it.

Is there any way to do that – Remove close button or make it to hard to close only with „ctrl + file/exit“– If that exists I will be thankful if anybody uncover that to me Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kingneutron
Expert
Expert

Y, RU accidentally slamming your VM's without a graceful poweroff? Smiley Wink

o Consider switching to Vmware Server (VM's run in background whether Console is active or not) -- WS6 beta also has similar feature IIRC

o When VMs are up and running, physically remove keyboard and mouse from host. Heypresto, no more accidents. Smiley Wink

--If you don't need to "see" what's going on in the vm's, you could try minimizing the WS window.

./. If you have appreciated my response, please remember to apply Helpful/Correct points. TIA
0 Kudos
SpelingMistakes
Contributor
Contributor

Ok

Now is question – can I transfer my already created Virtual Machines from VM to VMs?

I didn’t have time to check it by myself – but I will do latter – In mean time will be nice to get answer about this question Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

>Now is question – can I transfer my already created Virtual Machines from VM to VMs?

YES! That is one of the main advantages of virtualization!! (Assuming, of course, that you used virtual hard disks and not physical ones).

0 Kudos