VMware Communities
MaN30
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Limit on creating virtual machines

Как снять ограничение на добавление виртуальных машин в vmware более 28 vm?

How to remove the restriction on adding virtual machines to vmware more than 28 vm?

Снимок11.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

There's no option to remove the restriction.

AFAICR this was added to VMware Workstation due to some host OS resource limitation on the Workstation UI process.

Even if you were able to remove this restriction you would still bump into other problems that are being prevented by putting the limitation in there.

The solution is to run multiple instances of the Workstation User Interface.

If that's a problem, then perhaps VMware vSphere is the better product for your needs.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Follow the directions in the error message... Launch another instance of the Workstation UI.

Or just remove some of the VMs from the favorites listing.  There is no limit to the number of VMs you can *create* on a computer (other than hard disk space) - just like there is no limit to the number of documents you can create with Microsoft Word - but there is a limit to the number of VMs you can have open/running at one time.

MaN30
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Я понимаю, но мне не удобно работать с несколькими открытыми экземплярами vmware.

Мне нужно отрыть 35 вм в одном экземпляре, так как снять это ограничение? может есть какой то параметр для preferences.ini

I understand, but it’s not convenient for me to work with several open vmware instances.

I need to open 35 vm in one copy, so how to remove this restriction? may have some parameter for preferences.ini

0 Kudos
MartaCodigo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had a similar problem some time ago.

Look carefully the second comment, it could be helpull.

Colaboradora de Código Penal
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

There's no option to remove the restriction.

AFAICR this was added to VMware Workstation due to some host OS resource limitation on the Workstation UI process.

Even if you were able to remove this restriction you would still bump into other problems that are being prevented by putting the limitation in there.

The solution is to run multiple instances of the Workstation User Interface.

If that's a problem, then perhaps VMware vSphere is the better product for your needs.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos