VMware Communities
Icepick2010
Contributor
Contributor

Left mouse click in modal windows not recognizing immediately

Hi together,

I have a strange behavior starting in VMware Workstation 10 and continues in Workstation 11.1.2 build-2780323 until now.

In Windows Guest OS VM’s (I tried with XP/Win7/Win8.1/Win10) I have the problem, that in Modal Dialog Windows (i.e. Modal Dialog Windows like when you do a “run as Administrator, the Dialog Window: “Do you want to allow…to make changes to your PC”) the mouse or touch pad click with the left button is not working immediately at the i.e OK/Cancel Buttons in the modal dialog window. I have to wait some seconds or I have to release mouse/grab mouse with Ctrl-Alt and mouse click then it’s also working immediately.

This behavior is about 98% of all the times. There are 2% of the time where the mouse click is immediately working but it’s very seldom and I could not found out what is the difference then.

The highlighting (Hoover) of Buttons in such Modal Dialog Windows, i.e. when you move the mouse over the buttons and the buttons getting light blue, is working. Only when I click, nothing happends and I have to click about 10-20 times until the cklick is recognized or to wait about 5 seconds. Other left clicks i.e. on Start button or on Icons in Task bar is no Problem and working.

This all starts with Windows 8.1 Enterprise as Host OS and VMWare Workstation 10 maybe some weeks / 2 month before VMWare Workstation 11 was released.

I tried many things, like reinstall VMware Workstation 10 and later 11, reinstall of VMWare tools, disable USB for games and setting compatiblity to USB 2.0 and 3.0, changing processor settings from "Automatic" to "Virtualize Intel…" and so on but nothing helps. Then I upgade to VMWare Workstation 11, but still the same and finally I upgrade the host OS to Windows 10 Enterprise, but still the same.

When I connect via RDP to a Windows VM I have no problem. Only in the VMware Workstation Console View.

Does somebody has the same effect and maybe has a solution or an idee what to do?

Thanks to all  replies.
Oliver

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Icepick2010
Contributor
Contributor

I also tried now to downgrade the Hardware of the VM from VMware Workstation 11 to 9.

No Effekt.

0 Kudos
Icepick2010
Contributor
Contributor

Just want to add the information, that the mouse click is not delayed.

0 Kudos