VMware Communities
dalemarshall
Contributor
Contributor

Keyboard problem in VMWare Workstation

Apologies if this has been posted before but I have this really annoying keyboard problem with VMWare workstation. Basically when I'm typing it will intermitently add extra characters - so for example I end up with sentences looking like this:

This iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis reallllllllllllllllllllllly annoying!

I'm on version 6.5.1.126130 but it was always a problem for me in version 6 as well.

Any ideas on this would be much appreciated? Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere.

Cheers,

D

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Naki
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What is your Host and Guest OS?

Do you have an AMD dual-core CPU? If so, install the AMD Dual-core Optimizer on Host OS, and it should fix your problem.

0 Kudos
dalemarshall
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply Naki,

XP Host and an XP guest.

I'm on Intel Core 2 Quad processor.

0 Kudos
Naki
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does the Guest OS show the correct CPU speed in the System Info (right-click My Computer --> Properties)?

0 Kudos
dalemarshall
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it's exactly the same has the host

0 Kudos
Naki
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
dalemarshall
Contributor
Contributor

I've put those changes in, I'll see how it run for the next day and let you know how it goes.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Naki
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So, does it now work properly or not?

dalemarshall
Contributor
Contributor

Still having issues after making the changes. I'm not sure if it's specific to just one VM so I've built a new one today and I'm going to try running on that. Thanks for your help so far.

0 Kudos
dalemarshall
Contributor
Contributor

I don't seem to be having the issue on the new VM, must have been specific to that one.

Again, thanks for your help.

0 Kudos