VMware Communities
Infin1ty
Contributor
Contributor

Keyboard losing binds after fullscreen mode

I'm running a Windows XP Guest on a Linux host (kernel 2.6.30), using gnome, i'm trying for a few weeks already to fix this problem, i read almost everything there is on this problem before posting here..

i tried to set everything in my config regarding the keymaps but nothing helps, when i go into fullscreen i'm usually losing ctrl+alt keys which are the ones that makes me go into full screen.

to reset back the keys i have to go into a terminal and use "setxkbmap" to set my normal bindings again.

I must say i used VirtualBox for almost 1 year and i had no such problems at all, i did move to vmware because it's faster and more stable and it is, but this problem is really annoying since i use my keyboard keys to do almost everything on the linux host.

There is some guide on the vmware website but i can't really understand what they want me to do since it's not really informative.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Infin1ty
Contributor
Contributor

Okay i was able to reproduce the problem, i think it is related to this that i have both hebrew and english keyboard.

I use alt+shift to switch layouts.

If i currently use "USA" Layout then it sometimes fines but if i switch on the host for "Israel" for layout and the guest still has the "USA" Layout then it gets really messy until i switch back the layout on the host back to "USA".

i'm still clueless as what to do.

0 Kudos