VMware Communities
ibauer
Contributor
Contributor

Keyboard hook timeout value error

Hi,

I have just reinstalled my host completely (Windows 7 Professional x64, VMware Workstation 7.1.3) and every time I power on the guest, I get an error about keyboard hook timeout value not being set to a value recommended by Workstation (please see the attached screenshot).

I have never seen this error before, it has started to appear recently just after reinstalling my host. Before reinstallation, I was using Workstation 7.1.2.

I always click Cancel (= refrain from letting Workstation to change my current setting) and I do not experience any apparent changes in keyboard input processing.

What could be the cause of this error? Is there any risk in letting Workstation to change the setting in question to its recommended value?

It's strange, I googled for this exact error message, but found only one very old forum post without an answer. What's wrong with my system?

As always, any answer will be highly appreciated.

Ivo

0 Kudos
2 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

nothing wrong with your system - thats normal - it is no error

that setting just changes one entry in a registry key - allow it and you will never see it again

0 Kudos
ibauer
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick answer, continuum. Maybe it's just one change in the registry, but I'm still wondering whether or not this change will have any effect on another applications or the host system itself. Do you know what exactly in the registry is going to be changed if I permit that action? Is it just a Workstation-specific setting or system-wide setting?

0 Kudos