VMware Communities
weaver4
Contributor
Contributor

Issues with multiple ethenet ports on guest OS

I'm using WorkStation 10.

Host OS is Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop

Guest OSs are Ubuntu 12.04 Command Line Only

I have three Ethernet ports all with their own mac address.

I set up one of the Ethernet ports to use NAT and the other two to use Bridged.

> eth0 -> NAT and DHCP

> eth1 -> Bridged and Static

> eth2 -> Bridged and Static

But when I do ifconfig on the Guest Machine only eth0 (NAT) shows up on the Guest Machines.

I can't find any way when I add an adapter to my Guest Machines to tell it what ethX port to use.

What is wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

weaver4 wrote: ... What is wrong?

Well part of the problem is you've not provided adequate information to diagnose/troubleshoot without either asking a bunch of questions or you providing the VM's vmware.log file as that's easier to see what you have then to ask a bunch of questions to start.

That said and assuming all 3 Network Adapters have been added via the VM's Settings, are configured and connected then the remaining settings are done from within the Guest OS and there are more then enough tutorials already available on the Internet to cover this.

If you want to provide the vmware.log file then attach it as a file to a reply.

NOTE: DO NOT copy and paste the contents of the .log or .vmx files into the body of a reply!  Use the "Use advanced editor" link in the upper right corner of the normal reply window to bring up the Advanced Editor where you'll be able to attach files via the Choose File button or Browse button (depending on the Browser) above the Post Message button! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos