VMware Communities
Rachev88
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with Intel VT-x

Hello,

Please assist me.

I tried to start a virtual machine 64-bit at vmware work station 9 but the error messages from the attachments appeared.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

you'll need to follow the steps in the second screen shot and enable VT-x in your host's BIOS followed by a power-cycle. After doing this, you should be able to power on the VM.

André

0 Kudos
Rachev88
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I checked the intel VT-x vrom vmware and it is enabled - see attachment

The firmware of the bios was updated to the last available and the issue still persist.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

It's not the setting in the VM which needs to be changed, it's a setting in the physical system's BIOS on which you are running VMware Workstation.

André

0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Rachev88,

In addition to enabling virtualization of VT-x in VMware Workstation (as you have shown), you must also enable the VT-x feature in the host's BIOS/firmware setup (and disable Trusted Execution, if that option is available), and then completely power off the host and power it back on again.  You cannot do this from within VMware Workstation.

Have you tried doing that?

Cheers,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
Rachev88
Contributor
Contributor

Could you please describe where is the exact location of this feature at Win 7.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Rachev88 wrote: Could you please describe where is the exact location of this feature at Win 7.

It is not in Windows, it is in the BIOS of your computer and has nothing directly to do per se with what OS is installed on your computer!  Consult the hardware documentation for you computer from the Manufacture of your computer.

0 Kudos