VMware Communities
NoelC1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is there a way to delay the full-screen pull-down?

I have been doing immersive testing of Win 10 in a VMware VM, and I like to keep my Windows Taskbar at the top of the screen.

Unfortunately, the delay to open the VMware pull-down is only just a tiny bit longer than that to pull down the Windows Taskbar, and so I often see the two overlaid like this:

Overlaid.png

Is there any setting to delay the VMware pulldown some?  I'd probably set it to 5 seconds or more.

-Noel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Noel,

Fusion has this feature and there it works like this:'

Edit /Users/$USER/Library/Preferences/VMware Fusion/preferences and add the line:

fusion.fullScreenMenuDelay = "2" 

Which delays the drop down of the full screen menu to 2 seconds.

But you're not on Fusion, so I used the above to search the internet and try to find an alternative on Workstation.

My search returned the following, can you try and see if that works?

Disable the auto popup toolbar during full screen mode in VMWare Workstation 8 : FeradZ Blog

hope this helps,

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Noel,

Fusion has this feature and there it works like this:'

Edit /Users/$USER/Library/Preferences/VMware Fusion/preferences and add the line:

fusion.fullScreenMenuDelay = "2" 

Which delays the drop down of the full screen menu to 2 seconds.

But you're not on Fusion, so I used the above to search the internet and try to find an alternative on Workstation.

My search returned the following, can you try and see if that works?

Disable the auto popup toolbar during full screen mode in VMWare Workstation 8 : FeradZ Blog

hope this helps,

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
NoelC1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you.

pref.fullscreen.showDelay = "6000"

works perfectly for what I need.

-Noel

0 Kudos
HuanguoZhong
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

And I think you can use the "VMware KVM" function for Workstation, which allows you to use hot keys to switch among running virtual machines and the host, as if they were attached to a KVM switch. You won't be bothered by the tool bar Smiley Happy

You can get the detail doc from VMware Workstation Documentation

0 Kudos