VMware Communities
O36
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is it possible to get a license for Workstation 16 when having bought a license for Workstation 17?

I have just bought a license for VMware Workstation 17, but for the sake of stability I'd like to use Workstation 16 if possible in the near term future.

If I had known Workstation 17 was around the corner I'd have bought a license just before as I know you do upgrade licenses if bought recently leading up to the next version.

Would this be possible to facilitate in any way? I hope, it'd give extra peace of mind knowing problems won't suddenly arise.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

What you need to do is to downgrade the license in the portal, so that you get a key for version 16.

André

View solution in original post

5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

If the license is registered in your Customer Portal Account, that license should show up as downloadable.

André

0 Kudos
O36
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The license for Workstation 17 I've just bought shows up, but that license does not work for Workstation 16 which I'd like to use for stability.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

What you need to do is to downgrade the license in the portal, so that you get a key for version 16.

André

O36
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Will this change be permanent, or can I get the Workstation 17 license back when I want to switch in the future? 

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You can later upgrade the license again to the version that you've purchased.

André