VMware Communities
Shjco
Contributor
Contributor

Is VMWare Workstation Pro 16 compatible with Windows 11?

I have no idea what Workspace One is but it is the closest thing to what I have- Workstation 16 Pro.  (WHY is there no listing for this???)

What I want to know is, will my Workstation 16 Pro work OK in Windows 11?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMTN has an area for Workstation Pro, expect a moderator move your thread there now I have reported it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Shjco
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  Workstation Pro was not in the pull down list so I have no idea where they hid it.

0 Kudos
cmartinez4u
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using it for more than a month without any problems so far.

Windows 11 and VMWare Workstation 16.2.1

cmartinez4u
Contributor
Contributor

Use Windows 10 in the pull down menu, and it will install on Windows 11 without problems.

0 Kudos
JML54
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your post.

Based on your response, upgrading to v16.x is viable.

My main question relates to the Windows 10 install of VMWare Workstation Pro. In prior installs, it required modification of registry settings, core isolation settings and other requirements. Some have created a PowerShell script to execute to handle 99% of the required modifications.

With the relase of VMWare v16.x Workstation Pro have the plug-n-play approach for Workstation Pro been improved to support Windows 11 (current version) platform and not require modification of the settings needed for past Workstation Pro versions?

Thank you for your guidance and time! It is much appreciated!

0 Kudos