VMware Communities
todayumay
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Intel X5460 CPU "the Intel VT-x implementation is incompatible with VMware Workstation"

Hello

I'm using a desktop PC based on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L motherboard with Intel Xeon X5460 CPU

I've installed a WMware Workstation 16 to virtualize Ubuntu Linux, but faced with an issue

"This host supports Intel VT-x, but the Intel VT-x implementation is incompatible with VMware Workstation.

This host doesn't support "Intel EPT' hardware assisted MMU virtualization.

This host doesn't support virtualizing real mode.

The intel "VMX Unrestricted Guest" feature is neccessary to run this virtual machine on an Intel processor.

VMware Workstation does not support the user level monitor on this host.

Module 'MonitorMode' power on failed.

Failed to start the virtual machine."

Are there any opportunities to use VMware workstation at such kind of environment (maybe older versions) or it's completely unsupported?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

The last version of VMware workstation that will run at this CPU is VMware Workstation 12.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

VMTN has an area for Workstation, your thread has been reported asking moderators to move it there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

The last version of VMware workstation that will run at this CPU is VMware Workstation 12.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
todayumay
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi @wila 

Thank you for the answer!

0 Kudos