VMware Communities
JohnyCage
Contributor
Contributor

Installing VMware tools - not works

Hi,

I am working first-tim with VMware workstation. Firstly I have installed VMware workstation program then i installed WinXP SP2 CZ as a Virtual system (Windows vista 64 = host system). When i was trying to install VMware tools (from VM menu) then VMware installer tell to me some error message - how can you see on the attached picture. Translation: "System is working under emergency mode, installation is corrupted ". Any idea how to solve my problem ?Thanx for yours answer - yours time.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion

Johnny, you could download the ISO from the VMware site and extract the MSI. You can then run the installer like a normal windows package (which really it is) and troubleshoot accordingly.

Remember . . to install the VMtools using the right click method, you need to have a CD Drive added to the VM

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
0 Kudos
JohnyCage
Contributor
Contributor

Which ISO source do you mean ? VMware workstation product is installed on my computer (on my win vista - host system) and win xp is installed as a guest system but i cant install VMware tools. CD drive is in guest system installed.

0 Kudos