Whenever I am trying to install Windows Server 2016 in Workstation 12.5 Pro, I see an error message,
“Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation.” at setup screen.
I changed VHD’s RAM from 2GB to 4GB and VHD space from 60GB to 80GB.
However, I see same error message. Please let me know, how to fix it?
Welcome to Workstation Community!
Could you please provide more information about the problem:
1. Which Windows Server 2016 ISO image are you using? Did you download it from MSDN Subscriber Downloads?
2. Please provide the detail steps of how you create a VM and then start the guest OS installation? (I see you mentioned VHD, I'm confused... Workstation uses VMDK rather than VHD as virtual disk format.)
Here's an example:
ISO image file: en_windows_server_2016_x64_dvd_9327751.iso from MSDN Subscriber Downloads
1. Launch VMware Workstation Pro, Click menu "File" > "New Virtual Machine..."
2. Select "Typical(recommended)", click "Next"
3. Select "I will install the operating system later.", click "Next"
4. Select "Microsoft Windows" > "Windows Server 2016", click "Next"
5. Set the VM name and location to whatever you like
6. Use all default for the rest options, finish the new VM creation
7. Click "Edit virtual machine settings", select the "CD/DVD..." device, select "use ISO image file" and browse for the ISO image file
8. Click "OK" on VM settings dialog
9. Power on the virtual machine to start Windows Server 2016 installation.
I have resolved this issue..was scrachting whole day....basically when I downloaded this eval copy of Windows 2016 server and tried to install on vmware workstation 12 keep asking me software liscense error....to resolve this make sure RAM is two gig and most imptorant in vm setting uncheck floppy 2nd button on connection and keep use physical drive and connect on power....worked like a charm...@ ! !
I downloaded Windows Server 2016 iso from the link. The iso file size is 4.95 GB.
And I assigned RAM: 4GB, total processor cores: 4. and 80 GB disk size; in VMware Workstation 2012 for installing Windows Server 2016.
However, I see same error
Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation.
Please let me know, how to fix it?