VMware Communities
dondencio
Contributor
Contributor

Installation Failed with Warning Sign for VMWare Workstation Pro 15 on Windows 10 Help...

Good day,

Hello Guys, I am trying to install VMWARE Workstation 15 Pro to my laptop but it rolls back and not proceeding I got this warning sing error.

Please help I will also attach the error log file.

4AA7265F.PNG

this is the last part of the log file

=== Logging stopped: 4/11/2019  16:38:50 ===

MSI (c) (2C:90) [16:38:50:673]: Note: 1: 1708

MSI (c) (2C:90) [16:38:50:673]: Product: VMware Workstation -- Installation failed.

MSI (c) (2C:90) [16:38:50:674]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: VMware Workstation. Product Version: 15.0.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: VMware, Inc.. Installation success or error status: 1602.

MSI (c) (2C:90) [16:38:50:925]: Grabbed execution mutex.

MSI (c) (2C:90) [16:38:50:925]: Cleaning up uninstalled install packages, if any exist

MSI (c) (2C:90) [16:38:50:927]: MainEngineThread is returning 1602

=== Verbose logging stopped: 4/11/2019  16:38:51 ===

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

First off, I would download the latest installer, I believe 15.0.4 at this time.  And, check the MD5 checksums of the downloaded installer.

0 Kudos
dondencio
Contributor
Contributor

I already made to check it but still no luck on installation process.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Hmm... 2 other things I can think to check which are common:

1. Are you running the installer "As Administrator"?

2. Do you have a long %TEMP% path?  Try removing your USER %TEMP% and just use the SYSTEM %TEMP% - usually shorter with no spaces, etc.

0 Kudos
Mats_Webjörn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. None of the proposed actions help.

This is fatal! My Workstation license is useless!

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Did you guys have it installed before and are reinstalling it? I just reloaded my laptop and downloaded the new one and it ran fine. If you have an older version installed make sure its uninstalled first and then try installing this one.

0 Kudos
Mats_Webjörn
Contributor
Contributor

I had a version 14 which I uninstalled (left license config on machine). Then tried to install 15.0.4 with above result

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

You can try this, but be careful, they don't reference 15 in this article.

VMware Knowledge Base

You can try manually removing anything that was left over, RDPetruska​ may have better instructions, but don't remove anything unless you understand what your doing.

0 Kudos
Mats_Webjörn
Contributor
Contributor

My machine was clean. One thing I saw when I initially tried to upgrade from Workstation 14 to 15 ws that once the upgrade was done (yes, upgrade worked) I got an error message when I tried to start Workstation saying that some C++ library (ver 16 ??) was missing. Therefore I uninstalled 14 and tried to install 15, but then this empty dialog box above popped up during installation.

0 Kudos
Mats_Webjörn
Contributor
Contributor

Installed Workstation 14.1.3 which worked fine. Then upgraded to 15.0.4. Upgrade works fine, ut when I try to start Workstation I get a vmware.exe m- System error: Can't find MSVCP140.dll

0 Kudos
Mats_Webjörn
Contributor
Contributor

Uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, and then installing it again resolved the issue for me

0 Kudos