VMware Communities
mcp
Contributor
Contributor

Install software for HP Photosmart C6150 in XP guest

I've tried to install the software for this printer and each time it reports that it can't find the printer. It is installed in linux and I can print from there but I would like to use some of the scanning software that came with it. Do I have to do something special to get it to see the printer? I'm using Xandros 4.1 Professional.

Any Idea's?

MCP

0 Kudos
4 Replies
magic-man
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you are running WS 6, connect it to the VM... Windoze should then see it and allow connection and drivers IF it is USB.

0 Kudos
mcp
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using WS 5.5.4. Is this still possible, and if so how would I connect it to the VM?

Thanks,

MCP

0 Kudos
magic-man
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Not positive about 5.x but in the VM settings, USB controller, set to automatically connect new USB devices OR you can click on the drop down menu in WS (VM/Removable devices) and click connect for that device.

0 Kudos
mcp
Contributor
Contributor

I've checked and the settings show that it is set to automatically connect all new usb devices, and the drop down menu shows that the printer is connected. So I'm at a loss to know why when I use the cd to install the drivers and software that it cannot complete the installation. Any other idea's?

MCP

0 Kudos