VMware Communities
fsabino13
Contributor
Contributor

Install Paragon backup in Vmware

Hello,

I created one new Vmware and install using the pendrive boot the Paragon image that I have from other computer.

The image is imported to new Hard drive, but when tried to start the VM he is not finding the windows 10 from my image.

What I can do  to fix this?

Regards, Fernando

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What is the actual VMware product you are using?

Your description is a little confusing, can you explain the situation in a different way?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
fsabino13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scoott,

I am using VMware workstation 16.

I have one Paragon Image from one Computer. I restored the image to one Pendrive and I would like to restore in the VMware Workstation to work in the image.

I used one bootable stick and recovered the image in the hard drive I have created in the new virtual machine.

But after recovered to hard drive in the VMware, when go to inicialization the Vmware is not finding the operational system of the image.

It is showing the message EFI Vmware virtual nvme namespace... no media

Thansks your feedback.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. I've reported your thread to ask moderators to move it to the area for Workstation, the {code} area is for SDK matters.

2. The "Adjusting OS for the New Hardware" section of the Paragon documentation may help you, start looking from page 91: https://download.paragon-software.com/doc/Paragon_Hard_Disk_Manager_17.pdf

3. If you still have access to the computer that you backed up, look instead at doing a P2V using vCenter Converter Standalone to create a VM from that computer: https://www.vmware.com/products/converter.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos