VMware Communities
1Penicillin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

In the process of using VMware Workstation 16.1, AMD-V / RVI cannot be enabled.

Hello, I'm from China. In the process of using VMware Workstation 16.1, AMD-V / RVI cannot be enabled. The operating environment is HP AMD 5800u CPU and windows 10 home. Support for SVM is enabled in BIOS. This is also the case when trying to install a lower version of VMware Workstation 16.0. Is there a solution.1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ender_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I don't understand Chinese, but is the message saying that nested AMD-V/RVI can't be enabled? If that's the case, Windows 10 probably enabled Hyper-V on the host (it gets enabled automatically if you use Core Isolation/Memory Integrity, Credential Guard or WSL2), and Workstation is using that instead of its native virt to run VMs. Hyper-V doesn't support nested virtualisation, so you will have to disable it - see KB2146361 for more info.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ender_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I don't understand Chinese, but is the message saying that nested AMD-V/RVI can't be enabled? If that's the case, Windows 10 probably enabled Hyper-V on the host (it gets enabled automatically if you use Core Isolation/Memory Integrity, Credential Guard or WSL2), and Workstation is using that instead of its native virt to run VMs. Hyper-V doesn't support nested virtualisation, so you will have to disable it - see KB2146361 for more info.

1Penicillin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much. After replying to kb2146361, the error message disappears.

0 Kudos