VMware Communities
Dejgcfgchg
Contributor
Contributor

Import failed because IE10-Win7-VMWare.ovf did not pass OVF specification conformance or virtual har

• i tried to import the vm file(OVF) which is downloaded from here (IE10 Windows 7 x86) https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/
    and i have checked the system requirements, all passed.
  • But when i try import it to VMware Workstation 16 it keeps showing this:

"The import failed because D:\IE10-Win7-VMWare\IE10-Win7-VMWare.ovf did not pass OVF specification conformance or virtual hardware compliance checks.

Click Retry to relax OVF specification and virtual hardware compliance checks and try the import again, or click Cancel to cancel the import. If you retry the import, you might not be able to use the virtual machine in VMware Workstation."
  • *What's causing the problem? What Should I Do?*
0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Now I have reported your thread, expect a moderator to move it to the area for Workstation Pro or Workstation Player - this has nothing to do with a vSphere security advisory.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos