VMware Communities
Robotman105
Contributor
Contributor

I upgraded my Workstation 16 to workstation 17 license but it still only shows workstation 16

Hi all! I recently upgrade my workstation 16 to a workstation 17 license, I went to install it this morning and when i go to look for my license key it still only shows my 16 license. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MattGagliardi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yup, several of us are having the same problem.  There's already another thread on the subject in this forum.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
gonace
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same problem but the PayPal transaction was successful so I've paid for something I have not been able to access for 4 freaking days.I  opened a support request the same day and called them 3 times but they only ask for the support case number and then ask me to wait.

This is what makes me furious, it should not be easier to fall back to piracy than make a purchase. Guess I'll download the software from now on from private trackers. I opened a PayPal-dispute today.

VMware seems to care little to nothing about their smaller customers even though I've been paying for their products for over 10 years!

qf3l3k
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah. there is more issues like this.

I got scammed by them too. Tried to purchase upgrade for Workstation from 16 to 17.

They took money from credit card using PayPal and didn't provide any license.

After contacting support not even word that they can send license key and also got refusal of refund until I will conduct some procedures with PayPal and send some paperwork to them... it is organized scam by the look of it.

here is what support responded when requested them either to provide license and refund for one transaction (yes, they took $$ twice)

"....Our payments team advised they did found 2 orders in our system. They advised to process refund from our side you will need to contact PayPal and life the dispute. Once dispute is closed you will have to provide us a signed document from PayPal confirming that disputes are closed. When we have that we can process a refunds for your 2 orders...."

I still do not quite get why I have to contact anyone and provide any paperwork while they actually stole money without providing license they charged me for.

0 Kudos
qf3l3k
Contributor
Contributor

Update on this... Digital River also refuses to refund

"...We don't have the option to process your refund, since we just only process payment for VMWare. Regarding you request, you need to contact VMWare customer service directly for them to process your refund...."

although they are listed as seller on PayPal transaction.

0 Kudos