VMware Communities
Mario64bit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I cannot run a virtual machine: The VMware Authorization Service is not running.

I cannot start the service manually, and also, I restarted my computer and that did not solve the problem. Help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mario64bit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Apparently I had to reinstall Windows after running "sc delete vmx86"; After the reinstall VMware Workstation works fine now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Check if Windows management instrumentation service is Started and running fine. Also check disabling UAC.

0 Kudos
yanw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Would you please check the vmx86 service status by execute "sc query vmx86" in the cmd? Also please help to open %programdata%\VMware\VMware Workstation\config.ini, add these two line:

vmauthd.log.info = "TRUE"
vmauthd.log.fileName = "c:\logs\vmauthd.log"

Then try to manually start the "VMware Authorization Service" and past the "c:\logs\vmauthd.log" files, thanks for your support

0 Kudos
Mario64bit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Check if Windows management instrumentation service is Started and running fine. Also check disabling UAC.

I have checked, it is indeed started and running fine. What will disabling UAC help with?

Would you please check the vmx86 service status by execute "sc query vmx86" in the cmd? Also please help to open %programdata%\VMware\VMware Workstation\config.ini, add these two line:

vmauthd.log.info = "TRUE"
vmauthd.log.fileName = "c:\logs\vmauthd.log"

Then try to manually start the "VMware Authorization Service" and past the "c:\logs\vmauthd.log" files, thanks for your support

Check attachments, also I still could not start the "VMware Authorization Service", even after adding those two lines.

0 Kudos
yanw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Would you please try below steps?

1) Uninstall VMware Workstation

2) Delete vmx86.sys file in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\"

3) Open cmd as administrator and run "sc delete vmx86"

4) Reboot the Host system

5) Install VMware Workstation

0 Kudos
Mario64bit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Apparently I had to reinstall Windows after running "sc delete vmx86"; After the reinstall VMware Workstation works fine now.

0 Kudos