VMware Communities
Raelath
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can't find "lan segment" option

The title says it. but i can add a network adapter and such, but i cant find the lan segment option. i have used vmware before and used this feature, but have they moved/removed it? i am connecting to a remote server and hosting a Windows 2012 R2 server. I want to use the DHCP feature but i don't want to crash the network doing so.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
voidp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don't have experience with remote virtual machines but, as you suggest, it does seem like networks would be configured on the server side.

I couldn't find any detailed references for this use case but saw a few related items:

• Network options are different for remote virtual machines.  Selecting the Network Connection Type for a Virtual Machine states:

"If you are creating a remote virtual machine, you must select either a custom network or no network connection."

• There's more about custom networks here: Configuring a Custom Network Configuration

View solution in original post

7 Replies
aloshka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm not sure fi we are thinking of the same thing, but click the "change settings" with the administrator icon when looking at manage virtual networks. Lan segment should appear for you then. I'm not near my machine, so can't give you screenshots. If you don't find it, let me know, I'll update when I get back.

0 Kudos
voidp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Are you looking for this?

pastedImage_0.png

Raelath
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, i am. but it seems that it is moved somewhere/ removed

0 Kudos
Raelath
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Following this: Configuring LAN Segments

I can't configurate LAN segments if im connected to a remote server, which i am.

Is it possible to ask the owner of the server to create/configurate it for me?

0 Kudos
voidp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Which version of WMware Workstation are you using?

0 Kudos
Raelath
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vmWare Workstation 12 PRO

0 Kudos
voidp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don't have experience with remote virtual machines but, as you suggest, it does seem like networks would be configured on the server side.

I couldn't find any detailed references for this use case but saw a few related items:

• Network options are different for remote virtual machines.  Selecting the Network Connection Type for a Virtual Machine states:

"If you are creating a remote virtual machine, you must select either a custom network or no network connection."

• There's more about custom networks here: Configuring a Custom Network Configuration