VMware Communities
crashdummy
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe VMware could actually do this to its customers

I've worked with computers for 30 years, I 've never had any company pull something as rediculous as this.

Briefly,

Someone at VMware went into my online account and transfered ownership of my licenses to another person WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

The account was not hacked becuase there are other accounts still intact. This was done by VMware.

Now I'm trying to get back my licenses, and I am astonished to hear they want Permission from the other person who has them, even though I sent proof of purchase.

This is insane.

I've opened two cases,

Support Request # 12183985506 and # 12182103506 

I've talked to 6 different support reps and still I can't get superuser priveledge to my account, so I can't see anything.

It seemes to me if they can transfer MY account to someone else, they should be able to transfer it back.

There logic goes like this: If you work at a heirarchical organization and you buy software for your department, If someone tells them they are the IT manager for you organization that person can take control of any of your VMWARE accounts WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION, even if you purchased the software independently.

I repeat : THIS IS INSANE

0 Kudos
0 Replies